Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Eggplant-tastic Ravioli




I posted the recipe on my Facebook page so I won't bother putting it up here. This was a really great recipe. It's one of those fun recipes that has a lot of steps but they're pretty easy, but you feel like you're actually making something from start to finish. Ravioli is something I've always wanted to make, and now I feel like I've pretty much made it. I did in the sense that I assembled all of the items and turned it into ravioli and cooked it, etc., but I feel that I didn't totally do it because I didn't make the pasta myself. I used wonton wrappers which are a good substitute, but someday I must make the pasta too...

The tomato sauce I made was probably the best I've ever had and it was just heirloom tomato, garlic, basil, and olive oil all heated through till the tomatoes started to break down. Add a little water from the pasta and it thins out to just the right consistency. It was heavenly! I am now a firm believer in heirloom tomatoes.

I froze the leftover ravioli and I hope they'll cook normally when I try it again sometime. *Fingers crossed*

No comments:

Post a Comment