Saturday, April 7, 2012

Cooking Light Night


This past week's recipe was: Spanish Pork with Apple-Citrus Salsa

I was going to make it all in one night but I ran out of time and made the salsa and rub the first night and then cooked the rest the next night. I wasn't sure sure about the apple salsa, I usually don't cook with hot peppers, but it was really quite delish. I have a lot leftover and plan to use some in a quesadilla. The pork was really good, very easy to cook. I modified the recipe a bit to use my grill pan just to get the grill marks on all sides and finished it in the oven. I actually weighed my portion so I got just a smidge over 3 oz, the listed serving size. And I was surprised that I was quite filled between that, the salsa, and the whole grain Spanish rice I made to go with it that I didn't want to eat more meat, which is usually my downfall.

I would definitely make this again. It was pretty easy and looked and tasted really fancy. Also, I learned that I really like the flavor of lime juice in salsa. Good to know...

No comments:

Post a Comment