Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Fish Saturday

In an attempt to improve my health, I am trying to eat more fish. The weekend seems to allow me the most time to work on it. I recently bought a fish spatula, specially designed to turn delicate fish. This was my first time using it and boy did it work great! I cooked the fish on my grill pan and it turned and flipped just fine.

This recipe was awesome, and super easy. 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar, 1 Tbsp. honey, salt and pepper and you boil it for a while until it's reduced by about half. Just be careful not to inhale the vapors or you might choke. When it's done, take it off the heat and add a dollop of butter to finish the sauce, and more salt and pepper to taste. The grill pan works really well, just use a little olive oil to rub over the fish, salt and pepper, then put it, skin-side-up on the pan. I put a saucepan lid over this and let it cook for a while before attempting to turn it over. The spatula really makes a difference. After a while I took off the fish skin and let it grill on both sides. Instead of spooning the sauce over afterwards, I brushed it on during the grilling to help it cook into the fish better and this was a great decision. I also poured some over afterwards.

I did this with asparagus I put on the grill with the fish. I just did olive oil, salt, and pepper. It was delish. I also did a steamed red potato, simple, but nummy. This is a winner, folks. I will be doing it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment