Sunday, January 10, 2010

Chicken and Shrimp Creole



One of my New Year's resolutions was to use my crock pot at least once every other week and I decided to do it this weekend. One of my other problems is not liking to cook on the weekends, which leads me to eat out too much. So, the solution? Crock pot on the weekend!

Today I made Chicken and Shrimp Creole. Chicken, skinless, dark meat, with stewed tomatoes, celery, red bell pepper, and onion. Seasonings: salt, pepper, garlic, Cajun seasoning, and a bit of sugar to balance it out. An hour before eating you throw in the shrimp and add some lemon juice. I think it was the best tasting thing ever to come out of my Crock pot. And I served it over steamed brown rice that you make in the microwave that I got from Trader Joe's. It was really good, and I think it would go well with pasta too.

I didn't really do any other official cooking or baking, but I'm still happy with how it all turned out!

2 comments:

  1. Wow - now THAT looks yummy, and healthy to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It actually wasn't too bad, health-wise. I used dark meat, but you take the skin off so that makes it a lot healthier.

    ReplyDelete