Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Cooking Light Night


Sunday's recipe was: Herb-Crusted Chicken and Parsley

I put off the recipe because I didn't want to spend money on the herbs in jars when I could get to Central Market soon and buy the bulk mix for under a dollar. I went last weekend, so I was finally able to make it.

I am not a fan of parsley, finding it too chlorophyll-tasting for me. My store only had the curly kind which I refuse to spend money on, so I threw some dried marjoram into the orzo. All the spices ended up tasting a little bland, unfortunately. Maybe they were old, I dunno. The only herb that really stood out from the fines herbs blend was the tarragon. It was ok, and it filled me up and lasted for two meals, which is all you can ask for sometimes. I might try this again some time with fresh herbs.

1 comment: