Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Pork Post


It seems as though I made a lot of stuff with pork over the last month, so I thought I'd write about it all in this post. Since I no longer eat beef, I eat a lot of pork, because depending on the cut, it acts and cooks in much the same way as beef. This dish was a crock pot meal. Black bean soup with sausage. It was really tasty, just spicy enough but not too spicy. I've never cooked dried beans in the crock pot before but it turned out really well. This was a great hearty meal for a cold winter night. Definitely would make it again.

Pork stew. I've spent a lot of time developing this. I used red potatoes this time but any variety will work. I use chicken broth instead of any mixes. I put the pork in a mixture of flour, salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder and then fried it up for a while to get it nice and browned before adding the veggies and liquid. Because of the flour I didn't have to thicken the stew. I seasoned it with more of the spices from the flour mixture and added some thyme. It was really delicious.
Another crock pot meal. This time it was pulled pork for tacos. Really easy, pork, salsa, pepper, and green chilies. I used this for tacos and nachos. This was really easy to make and really tasty. It makes a lot, so it's good for a crowd.
The nachos I made with the pulled pork. Very delish.

No comments:

Post a Comment