Sunday, April 11, 2021

Spring's Bounty: Chicken with Mustard-White Wine Sauce and Spring Vegetables

 

Spring's Bounty: Chicken with Mustard-White Wine Sauce and Spring Vegetables

Today's recipe was this, and it was a winner! It's always nice to start a new project off on a good note! My spring recipes that I have chosen are a mix of desserts, sides, and entrees, so there will be a mix of food types I explore. Tonight's was an entree, and made enough dinner for tonight and tomorrow. Here's how it all went:

I love a good potato and/or veggie roast. It's one of the healthier ways to prepare them, and it's always ridiculously delicious. I am not a huge cooked carrot fan, so I was not sure how I'd like the carrots, but I kept them in the recipe anyway. I love shallots, and think they're woefully underutilized and underappreciated. This is pre-roast.
And this is post-roast. The chicken is supposed to be boneless skinless thighs, but I had regular ones that I removed the skin and most of the fat from. I kept the bone in because it's too much work, and just increased the cooking time in the oven.
Look now nice and browned the chicken gets! This is just before it goes into the oven to finish cooking. I cooked them a total of 20 minutes, turning halfway through and they came out just perfectly cooked.
Here is the pan sauce. Really easy to make with a flour slurry. The white wine and Dijon mustard is a classic combo. I didn't have fresh herbs, so I used dried and it turned out just fine.
Here are the veggies heating up again in the sauce. You could easily have added the chicken to this and mix it all together, if you wanted.

Here is the final delicious product! The carrots, the one thing I'd been the most nervous about liking, were fantastic! Apparently I just haven't been cooking my carrots the right way, because roasting them was amazing! I'm really excited to try roasting them more often now and adding them to my diet.

I really loved this recipe. It isn't super quick to prepare. I'd allot at least an hour for this one, don't start it at 6pm like I did...! It's nice and filling, but not heavy. This is definitely one I'd make again. I mean, what's not to love about chicken and potatoes and sauce, right?!!


No comments:

Post a Comment