Sunday, March 28, 2021

The Baker's Dozen: Carrot Zucchini Spice Muffins

 

The Baker's Dozen: Carrot Zucchini Spice Muffins

I am happy to report that today's baking was yet another success! This project is winding down, and I want to keep up the wins till the end, if possible! I used this recipe, and was really happy with the results. Muffins are always so easy to make that I got them done first thing this morning when I got up. And they don't seem to create too much mess either, which is also really nice!

My set-up picture with all the ingredients. Except I'm actually missing the white sugar and the end of a bag of pecans that I ended throwing in there too.
Here we have the wet ingredients all mixed together.
 
And all the dried ingredients mixed together.
Here we have the grated carrots and zucchini added to the wet mixture. I used the regular size grater holes and did not peel the carrots first. I just didn't see the point of peeling them. Rumor has it all the nutrients are in the skin anyway, so there you go. Now this is a healthy recipe!
All the ingredients mixed together. It's a really thick batter and by rights should have made more than 12, but I crammed them all in to the one set because that's what the recipe said to do.
You can see how full they are. The batter is really dense and bakes basically like a mini carrot cake. I had to bake it at least 10 minutes longer than it says to on the recipe.

Here is the final product. It was really good! Super easy. Slightly healthy because you also use some applesauce so there's not at much sugar as there could be. It isn't overly sweet, which I always appreciate.

If you like carrot cake or zucchini bread, you will like this recipe. I will be sharing some of these with my parents and coworkers this week! Since we're no longer in the office on the same days, for stuff that will freeze, I can leave some in the freezer for them to take out when they come in. Not all the stuff I've made has frozen well, so I'm excited to be able to share this with them!


No comments:

Post a Comment