Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Cooking Light Tuesday


Well I was going to do my Cooking Light night on Sundays, but sometimes life gets in the way. And in this case, not feeling well on Sunday and a three day weekend got in the way. But, I did a recipe, just on Tuesday. Last night's recipe was Tuna-Fennel Pasta Salad. Until I actually read the recipe, which I still have the tendency not to do until just before making it, I thought this was going to be a hot dish, akin to Tuna Noodle Casserole. I was very much mistaken. So this was a side dish, but I thought it was quite tasty. I splurged, which is big for me, and bought a fancy glass jar of tuna from Italy. Boy was it worth the money. It was delish! I'd never use it for sandwiches, only for special dishes because of the cost. And I've never had fresh fennel before so I'm not sure exactly how it's supposed to taste, other than anise-like. But this stuff didn't have much flavor. I'm guessing January probably isn't fennel's peak season. But I wasn't too grossed out, so that's good, right? I have some potatoes I was going to roast, and maybe I'll throw the extra fennel into that and see how it works. The recipe was really simple, and I liked the combination of flavors. I'd definitely try this again, or maybe make it for a family gathering some time.

Here's the link to the recipe: Tuna-Fennel Pasta Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment