Monday, November 14, 2011

My Last Baked Good Monday

I made cherry shortbread cookies for my last Baked Good Monday at work before I left. I promised to share the recipe, so here it is. It is super easy. Enjoy!

Cherry Shortbread Cookies

1 cup+2 Tbsp. flour
1 stick unsalted butter, sliced and chilled
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 cup dried cherries

1.) Position rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 300 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper (Note, I did not do this and had no problem getting the cookies off the sheet. I didn't grease the pan either, there's enough butter to keep them from sticking.) Using a food processor, mix the flour, butter, sugar, and salt for 20 seconds. Add the cherries and pulse until chopped, 20 seconds more.
2.) Turn out the mixture onto a work surface and gather into a smooth, compact ball. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a 7"x9" rectangle, about 1/4" thick; cut into 12 rectangles. (Note, I found this made quite a bit more than 12.) Prick each cookie three times with a fork.
3.) Using a metal spatula, place the cookies about 1" apart on the prepared cookie sheet and refrigerate for 20 minutes. Bake until light golden-brown, 15-18 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a rack to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment