Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Cold, Catching up, Part Two




Last weekend I did some cooking and baking as well. We watched Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, and I had a recipe for Treacle Tarts, just like the books. Only problem? It turned out to be Treacle Scones, and they were rock hard. It might be the 4 year old molasses I used, or maybe it was over-mixed, but either way, but either way, Hagrid would have been proud...Needless to say, it was not a keeper recipe.

The next night was a traditional roast chicken dinner, with the works. Minus the vegetables. Because I forgot to make them. I had them, I just didn't remember I did...Everything turned out great. We had enough for leftovers, and made chicken stock and froze some of the meat for later use. I still have gravy and mashed potatoes if I want them later on. All around, delicious dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment